Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Kellan update (sadly long overdue!)

**note: I just realized I never published this post back in April when I started it! Oops! **

I wrote this original post in Sept of 2012, and for my own benefit, wanted to reprint it with updates, which there's a ton!! 

Signs:
Mommy
Daddy
eat-sometimes he puts all his fingers in his mouth  signs it correctly now
drink-looks like he signs it next to his head instead of at his mouth
please
thank you-he makes a "gaa" or "ka" sound while holding out his hand, we are working on this! mostly signs this correctly
Night-night-signs and says "Nuh", or "Ni"
hat
kitty-makes whiskers sign with his hair
more
puppy, doggie
pig, and he snorts!
ball
sheep
fish
Kellan
baby
cry-he signs it in response to "what's a baby say" (waa, waa, waa)
shhh
monkey
bear (and roars)
sit-he does his pointer fingers and taps one on the other
done (holds hands out to sides)
ice cream!
Calliou (the cartoon!) he pulls on his ear, we don't know where he came up with this!!
down, he points down and says "dow
"
play
ready
juice
milk
water
bath
brush teeth
help
fish


 Spoken words:
Ma-pretty much everyone is Ma!  Just I am mom now!! 
No!
Yeah
ball
hi
bye
mine, usually preceeded by NO!
boo (peek a boo)
go
oww
down, sounds like dow


Dad (often says "da-ee" so we are working very hard on "da-Dee"!
Shelby (says shh  bee, which is up from just "bee" a month or so ago!)
Tobin (says Bo, or sometimes t-bo, which we are also working very hard on!)
Kellan (makes a hard kkk sound, followed by ewen, think ellen without the "l" sound)
pop, as in soda, as in he loves it!
I don't know (yes, that's his new fav, "Kellan, where's daddy?"  "I-know", which means I don't know! lol!)
off, sounds like just o (aw)
on, sounds like above lol!
hat
play
Ipad  sounds like p-pad! 
Elmo (his favorite!)
water (waaa)
bath
go
refers to himself as 'me', ie-me ball (my ball)
I love you, which doesn't sound anything like it, but we know what he's saying!!
fish (as in gold fish crackers!)



 Sounds:
"woo woo"-puppy
moo-cow
tiger and bear-roars
meow


 Gives "five" and fist bump or knuckles

Gives kisses and hugs

He can identify our family members in photos, including my neice

He love to sing songs, Slippery Fish, Wheels on the bus, Twinkle Star

No comments:

Post a Comment