Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Angel Tree

As you can see by the buttons on the right, Reece's Rainbow's Angel Tree has begun!!  Sutton is my angel baby this year, and my goal is to raise $1,000 for his grant.   He's such a sweet baby, I can't believe he hasn't been scooped up by a family yet!  To recap my past years as a Christmas warrior:  Year one was Daniel, who is still waiting for his forever family, sadly.  Then was the 5/5/5 warrior campaign, to raise $5,000 for a child over the age 5.  I took part, not believing for a minute I'd raise that much money, but knew I'd give it my best shot!  I honestly don't recall how much I raised for that.  That was for Katelyn, and she has a FAMILY!!  Thank God!  They are on their way to her country to meet her and the other little girl they are adopting as I type this!  Last Christmas my child was Stacy.  Poor Stacy still waits.  She is blessed to have been added to Angel Tree this year, despite the fact that she is over age 5.  She already has a nice-sized grant of $4,000, but I pray the addition of funds will make it possible for a family to commit to her.  My heart aches for these unclaimed, abandoned kiddos.  On a happier note, Carolina, who I am guardian angel for, has a committed family!!  I am so excited for her!  I have been able to visit a bit with the momma, and she loves Carolina so much!  I am committed to helping her raise the additional funds they'll need to complete this process of bringing her home!
Sweet Lilly also still waits.  With a huge grant of almost $10,000, I cannot understand why.  This will be her last year on Angel Tree, as she will turn 6 in February.  My heart aches for her every day.  I pray every day for her family to find her.  I don't know what else to do. 
The last child that is heavy on my heart is Ekaterina.  I don't know what to say, just look at her pic and you'll see for yourself. 
Happily, ALL the kids on the Angel Tree have warriors!!  Some will be added during the season, and hopefully lots will be added to My Family Found Me!!  If anyone wants to sign up as a warrior, please let me know!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment