Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

7 lbs 15oz!!

Wow! Kellan must be gettin' some good milk! I hope it is coming off me ounce for ounce that is going on him!! I should hear from Denver tomorrow about getting him in to a neurologist. I have spoken on the phone twice with a gal who has a 3 month old baby girl with DS (we are going to meet them tomorrow!) and they had to go to Denver for the baby (Piper) to have open heart surgery. Shannon-the mom-told me about a physical therapist there that literally wrote the book on gross motor and DS. They are trying to start a DS clinic there and recruited this gal to help get things started. Sooo...now I'm trying to get Kellan in to see her too! I've always thought you should go to the best! Hopefully he can see a speech therapist also. I know it seems crazy to see all these therapists when he does nothing but eat and sleep and poop, but this video we watched talked about how you have to help kiddos with Downs learn things the right way, like speaking that starts with cooing, eating, rolling, sitting, etc. Kellan has already mastered the rolling thing-he does both back to belly and belly to back!! We just want to make sure we stay on top of things, without going overboard, of course! And by the way-he smiled at me! Love that little guy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I agree, start early and go to the best. There is plenty of work a SLP and PT can do with an infant. Btw, I too wished the weight came off ounce for ounce but unfortunately I think I was eating it back on ounce for ounce ;-)

    ReplyDelete